Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Vase Necklaces with Recyclables


There sure is something special about Spring.  It's a time of renewal.  The landscape becomes fertile once again, wildflowers are abundant and baby animals make their entrance.  So fun!  So inspiring!

I love decorating with Spring blooms, but I quickly realized I didn't have any vases... Ya I know, weird.  So I got the idea to repurpose some glass bottles I had been hanging onto, and decorate them with some wooden beads.  I love the way my old hot sauce bottle looks now!



All you'll need is some cotton string, wooden beads (or whatever kind you want!), some tape, and of course, a glass bottle. 

When you're stringing the beads it helps to tape one end of the string down on your counter, especially if little hands will be helping you!



Micah had a hard time getting the string through the little bead holes, but he did love pulling the string through the bead once I threaded it!  I asked him to choose the beads as we went too.  A little exercise in creativity!

Once you've strung all the beads that you want, tie the ends of the string together to make a "necklace" and drape over your chosen bottle.  Fill with water, and some daffodils and you're good to go!



Go ahead and take a sniff.  You won't be sorry!  Let your shaggy dog get in on the sniffing too : )

No comments:

Post a Comment